How many cameras is too many cameras?
Apple held their annual September conference yesterday and unveiled this years lineup of new products including three new iPhones, a new iPad, a Series 5 Apple Watch as well as announcing when we'll be able to jump into new streaming services such as Apple Arcade and Apple TV+.
Check out a rundown of the basics of what was announced below.
• Apple Arcade was up first - it’ll exist within an “Arcade” tab in the App Store that will be updated monthly with new games to play.
• A new game from Konami was shown called Frogger In Toy Town and it will be available as soon as Apple Arcade launches.
• A new game from Capcom was shown called Shinsekai: Into The Depths and it will be available exclusively on Apple Arcade
• A new game from Annapurna Interactive called Sayonara Wildhearts was shown and will be available exclusively on Apple Arcade.
• Apple Arcade will be available on September 19th in over 150 countries. Over 100 new games will be added in the weeks ahead and will cost $4.99 per month for the entire family.
• A new trailer for ‘See’ starring Jason Momoa was shown
• The first shows on Apple TV+ will be added on November 1st in over 100 countries and new programs will be added each month.
• Apple TV+ will cost $4.99 per month for the entire family.
• Starting today when you purchase a MacBook, iPad or iPhone you will get one year of Apple TV+ for free.
• A new, entry-level iPad was announced with a 10.2” Retina display that starts at $329 and will start shipping on September 30th.
• Apple Hearing Study was shown which focuses on how loud noises can effect your hearing health.
• Apple Women’s Health Study was shown which focuses on females menstrual cycles.
• Apple Heart & Movement Study was shown which focuses on your heart rate.
• The new Apple Research App will be available later this year.
• Apple Watch Series 5 was announced which features an innovative new Retina display that is always on so that the watch face is always visible.
• A wrist raise or tap will increase the brightness of the display rather than it turning on or off and it will still maintain the same all day, 18 hour battery life.
• A built in compass for the Apple Watch was announced which will work within the Maps app.
• The Apple Watch will be available in titanium in both black, silver and ceramic white as well as new Nike models.
• GPS Models of the new watch will be available for $399 and the Cellular model will be available for $499 and they will be available on September 20th.
• Series 3 models will be available for $199 for the GPS models.
• The new iPhone 11 was announced and will be available in six colors with a 6.1” Liquid Retina Display.
• The phone will have spacial audio with Dolby Atmos.
A new dual camera was revealed that captures a regular and ultra-wide photograph simultaneously.
• Night mode was revealed that will allow you to take photos in low light situations.
• You can now tap and hold the photo button to switch over to taking a video.
• The front facing camera was increased to 12 MP and has slow motion capabilities.
• An A13 Bionic Chip was announced which is the fastest CPU ever in a smart phone.
• iPhone 11 will have an hour more battery life than the current iPhone.
• iPhone 11 will start at $699.
• iPhone 11 Pro was announced in chrome, space grey, silver and rose gold available in a 5.8” and 6.5” Max model.
• iPhone 11 Pro will last 4 hours more than the XS and the Max will last 5 hours more.
• Pre-Orders will begin at 8 AM EST this Friday and will be made available on September 20th.