Move over, Mario Kart - it's time to CRASH (Team Racing).
So long, E3. You were a little bit disappointing but you were still fun, welcomed with open arms, and I'm already looking forward to next year as well. I'm definitely excited for Fall - that's for sure. On top of all of these games that were announced coming out, we've also got all that Star Wars hype going into December on top of Apple TV+ and Disney+ both launching and giving us tons of original programming to be excited about. Plus, y'know, like football and apple cider and shit. Fall rules. Winter rules. Summer's whatever.
• . If you still think things like Jersey Shore, flat-brimmed hats and Monster Energy are cool, the 2019 MTV Movie & TV Awards are tonight. And like I said during The Morning Brew yesterday, I feel like even though Twilight hasn't been a thing for what feels like a decade, they'll still probably snatch up every award somehow.
• . Us is being released on DVD/Blu-Ray/4K on Tuesday and if you still haven't seen it, you neeeeeed to. For real, it's going to end up being one of my favorite movies of the year and is an absolute must-watch.
• . Also on Tuesday, a new standup special from Adam Devine of Workaholics will land on Netflix and the new show from Arturo Castro from Broad City will air on Comedy Central alongside Drunk History. Fun stuff!
• . Vacation Simulator hits the PSVR on Tuesday and I almost wish I didn't get rid of my PSVR so I could play it - the funnest time we had with PSVR was when we were playing Job Simulator so I can only imagine how much fun this will be. Maybe I'll get another one. Just kidding. Maybe.
• . This show called Holey Moley premiered on Thursday along with a million other game shows this week but this one intrigues me the most because apparently Steph Curry is a commentator and it's basically just people playing miniature gold or something. Some serious potential here.
• . My Friend Pedro hits the Nintendo Switch on Thursday also and I've been so interested in that game since I saw it at E3 last year - I just hope it holds up. However I don't know how much time I'll be able to give it because..
• . Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled is out on Friday! The best kart racer that isn't Mario Kart or Mod Nation Racers. Send me all your PSN friend requests because I'm ready to rip it.
• . And lastly - big, big film releases that day. Toy Story 4 promises to be as wonderful and sad as we expect it to be and I can't wait to smile and cry about it. My wife and I already purchased our tickets and between that and seeing Death Cab the day after, we're in for a waterworky 48 hours.
Have a good week, everyone. Don't forget to listen to The Morning Brew!